Thursday, January 30, 2014

OCC Stenciled Day 1 Projects


It's been a while since posting, but I have not really been participating in challenges or classes for a long time. 

This month, however, I signed up for the latest Online Card Class: Stenciled.  I have a few stencils and rarely use them, so this was a great reason to start.

I tried a couple of the techniques from Day 1 - sponging and heat embossing.

For the first card, I basically followed the same card design that Debby Hughes created.  I used an old checkerboard stencil that I turned 90 degrees.

 
 
 

For the embossing technique, I used a Christy Tomlinson vintage lace stencil/mask and sponged Versamark over the interior.  The design was quite intricate, so not all areas received the ink, but I still think that it looks pretty with the warm distress ink colors.  I also tried using tissue paper behind my sentiment like in Laura Bassen's card.  I still can't get myself to embrace the new "thread nest" touches that I keep seeing everywhere, though!



 
 
 
 
 
That's it for Day 1.  Off to play with Day 2 content!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
L

No comments:

Post a Comment