Friday, March 22, 2013

Pattern Play Day 1

I really love the Online Card Classes with Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire.  I am enrolled in the Pattern Play class that started on Monday and I am determined to actually try the techniques that I am learning!

Day 1 included a set of cards by Jennifer McGuire that layered various die cut patterned papers in different ways.  I immediately thought of my Spellbinders Dalia nestabilities that I have never used.  I paired them with some 6 x 6 papers from the Basic Grey What's Up collection and a teal sheet from the Heidi Grace Sunshowers 6 x 6 pad.

The first one uses copic inking between layers.

The next ones were both raised, one with Stampin' Up dimensionals and the other with some thicker dimensional squares.


The third example is my favorite: using a white border around each layer.


And finally, one in which I inked the edges of each layer with some Chai distress ink from Papertrey Ink.

I hand-cut and scored the banners on each card and stamped a sentiment from the Hero Arts set Everyday Sayings.

That's it for Pattern Play Day 1!  Thanks for stopping by!

L

1 comment:

  1. Green is my favorite color. That makes these lovely creations high on my list. That being said, your first lovely is my favorite. What a great job layering patterned papers! You've certainly been playing.

    ReplyDelete