Friday, March 22, 2013

Pattern Play Day 2

I am back with my Pattern Play Day 2 cards!  I love the resist technique and learned it in the very first Online Card Class that I took. 

I decided to challenge myself and try a shabby-vintage style, which is very difficult for me.  I stamped the Medallion stamp from Stampin' Up on some text paper from a My Mind's Eye Lost and Found 6 x 6 pad, embossed it in clear, and then inked it up with tattered rose, victorian velvet, worn lipstick, and tea dye Distress Inks.  I added a bit of crocheted lace, some seam binding, and a tag and tiny hearts from the Tiny Tags set by Papertrey Ink.





I am also uploading this card to this week's Make it Monday #108 challenge at Papertrey Ink, since it is also an inked background challenge.


In addition to the inked background technique, I played with paper piecing.  I used the Year of Flowers: Daffodil set from Papertrey Ink.







That wraps up Pattern Play Day 2!  Thanks for stopping by!

L

3 comments:

  1. Love your card for the MIM - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the photo didn't do this beautiful card justice until I blew it up to look more closely. Gorgeous and well done. Very vintage. The paper piecing is so sweet, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is the first one using the medallion stamp and lace that I have really loved. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete